Blog's Translator

lunedì 12 agosto 2013

"C" for "CHANEL"

Pink is the color that comes to my mind
when I think of Chanel n.5




The refined town of Piegaro in Italy is twin city with Verneuil-en-Halatte, France where the famous Chanel perfume is produced. Piegaro at one time was also known as 'Little Paris' so this makes this event very romantic. 

The most wonderful compliment I ever received about my family's workshop is that of Cama - Chanel of Deruta. I will never forget it. Therefore such coincidences in my life along with other ones started to make me dream about a future in this tiny town where destiny had brought me out of the blue. 





Innovations
Before 1921 perfumes were made from the essence of single flowers.
Madame Chanel created the first bouquet of flowers, eightly of them. 







Regarding the subject of innovations, Madame Gabrielle Chanel with her Chanel n.5 invented the concept of perfume that we know nowadays, a bouquet of flowers. Before Gabrielle Chanel perfumes were made from one flower essence only. Because of the fact that the rose was way too romantic as an essence she ordered her personal parfumeur not to take roses into consideration, on the contrary he  included the rose to a bouquet of about eighty selected flower essences including mostly musk and jasmine.




 
My moving to Piegaro, Italy came out of the blue. 

  


This is my first post of short  stories entitled "Cake Stands for Cama": stories about my favorites starting with "C". 
















----------------------------------------



Original Posts by Roberta Niccacci -

FRIENDS OF CAMA 
Join the Facebook Page to Receive Blog Updates 



NEW!

Now on Twitter



Nessun commento: