Blog's Translator

mercoledì 14 agosto 2013

"C" for "CHAMELEON"


In the Renaissance, the Chameleon was the symbol of Air. 

A few years ago I started the tradition of regularly traveling to Florence by train to visit the city. I have visited many places in the city so far: museums, churches, exhibitions, and each time I come back home feeling fulfilled. I am currently following the city of Florence on Facebook and Twitter for updates regarding temporary exhibitions. The last exhibition I saw was "Alchemy and the arts" which enabled me to complete research I originally started in Palazzo Vecchio. 

Indeed Palazzo Vecchio is my favorite historical building in the city, home of Cosimo I de' Medici, grand duke of Florence in the Renaissance period. This is where I discovered my greatest find: the studio of Francesco I de' Medici, Cosimo I's son. By looking up at the ceilings I noticed the four elements of the universe translated into symbols. With much joy, I saw the chameleon next to a rainbow. It was the symbol of air. 

Sometime before I had already chosen the chameleon as the mascot of Cama, because of the similarity of their names. Additionally, the chameleon adapts perfectly to its environment and can explore the world 360 degrees thanks to its eyes. Plus it has extra strength that comes from the lion in it. Our chameleon is made of the colors of the rainbow and is a girl! 



This is my second post of short stories entitled "Cake Stands for Cama": stories about my favorites starting with "C".  I hope you enjoyed it! 








----------------------------------------



Original Posts by Roberta Niccacci -

FRIENDS OF CAMA 
Join the Facebook Page to Receive Blog Updates 



NEW!

Now on Twitter

Nessun commento: