Blog's Translator

giovedì 26 dicembre 2013

Italian Lucky Numbers


The Friends of Cama story continues with a new entry:
my little brother Andrea! 


In Italy, we are much into lucky numbers. The capital city of lucky numbers is Naples, where they have turned beating numbers into art: it's called 'Smorfia Napoletana' (Neapolitan cabala) and was originally based on personal night dreams. I love this tradition but I cannot call myself a fanatic as I do not know how to beat numbers as an art. You have to catch the perfect matching number to the symbols you dreamt of. Most of the time there is more than one number to select from. That makes it a hard win. 
Twenty-six is my lucky number

What's funny about my beating numbers is that in the past two years I bet numbers twice only, inspired by two important night dreams. I won both times by pointing to selected numbers randomly. It was not much for a win but still two wins out of two. That's one of those moments when I think of myself as a lucky girl. 

'26' is my lucky number. I was born on the 26th of the month and I am a honeymoon baby. That's what makes this number magic to me. Being a honeymoon baby is so sweet and makes the number twenty-six so dear to me. The story of this number doesn't end with my birthday. This number has been following important events in my life: I graduated from university on the 26th day of the month, last year I got engaged on the 26th of January. These are important events in my life. I am sure that if I go through other life events, the number twenty-six comes up. And it is not meant on purpose, this number gets in the story by mere chance. 

Thirteen is the luckiest number in Italy
I hope my next upcoming event will be on the 26th of the month; if it's January 26th, 2014 I will think of myself as a lottery premium winner. This time it's about my professional life & my brand new work adventure. 

I feel lucky already because my brother Andrea is joining me in this endeavor of mine. It's the biggest news of St. Stephen's day, December 26th, a true gift. He is going to be my right-hand man ('il mio braccio destro') - I hope the expression sounds correct in English - meaning my most professional interface in Italy, my best assistant, the person I can trust. He was born on the 13th of the month  and '13' is the luckiest number in Italy. A big sister and a little brother: I have found my perfect match!



------------


FRIENDS OF CAMA 
Join the Facebook Page to Receive Blog Updates 
posted by Roberta Niccacci

NEW!

Now on Twitter



Nessun commento: