Blog's Translator

lunedì 6 gennaio 2014

NEW YEAR'S RESOLUTIONS

As luck would have it, the Friends of Cama story is true 


It is not easy for me to describe my experience as it is like living a dream come true. There is much warmth in it. I have no idea if it comes through the screen in all its authenticity. 

I am happy with the success achieved so far. So this is definitely my victory speech!

1. This is a twenty-year-long story 

As we know from classical literature—  where personal life experiences are elevated to models— twenty years is the perfect journey's length. That's what turns you into your life's heroes. In the history of books, the most famous journey is the Odyssey. Indeed it was used in Ancient Greece as a children's educational book. It is a beautiful book! 
Odysseus' journey took place in the Mediterranean
sea. It took him twenty years to get back home. 

My personal story of rebirth started back in 1993 with my first visit to the United States: so twenty years are part of my life's book. I have proceeded by trial and error, without any knowledge of what I was about to find, quite an adventure. 
My most amazing work experience besides selling ceramics in the United States was working in a nursing home in Italy. I discovered that taking care of patients the way I do was very much like selling ceramics the way I do. In that case, I could hug and give love to other people on a deeper level. I gave them much warmth and made them feel at ease. We loved each other so much. 
However, the last five years were the most important ones. Back in January 2009, my family put me in charge of solving business matters. I kept repeating to them that I was only a shop assistant & a hostess. This was beyond my abilities. It was an impossible task even for experts. Nevertheless I accepted. 
My personal life and my plans for Cama
are interwoven just like in DNA.
It is the most amazing experience in my life.
I wish to think this is a bracelet.
Science makes everything look so cold. 

2. My personal life and my plans for Cama are interwoven just like in DNA. 

What's most interesting is that it is almost impossible to mix business and emotions. It's like mixing ice and fire. To me, business is the coldest of all words. It has much to do with death if we think of expressions such as your death is my life. It's a rule in business. It's awful. Time to make a change!
Nevertheless, I kept going on and putting my heart and soul into my endeavor. My personal life started mixing with my constant thoughts to find ways out for my family's workshop. 
Everything changed with my moving away from Deruta beginning January 2011. I worked so hard behind the scenes. At a certain point, I let everything go. That's when life started setting priorities for me: the next year I met my soul mate, so I discovered true love. I had had that wish since I was a little girl. I had almost forgotten about it. 
In the meantime, I had started helping other people. I had so much extra energy! 
What's very important to me is that last year I realized what friendship means. As a dream made true my brother came back into the crew. He is a true friend to start with. In forty years of experience at Cama's, I had created a world apart there, where I mixed friendship and love, care and service in my selling ceramics. I had learned to be professional at the same time. Out of there, I felt like a fish out of water. 


Life sets new year's resolutions for me: the first priority was my soul mate.
The second priority is eating healthy. I am a sweet tooth and staying away
from sugar is a dream come true. It all started with a wish the year before.

3. My dreams start with a wish 

I discovered that every dream come true is a life's priority. My wish to meet my soul mate was a long-held wish of when I was a little girl and a young woman. I had to get over my limits to meet my perfect match. What a beautiful love story! 
My soul mate and I are the universes where I can experience the most beautiful feelings such as true love, friendship, mutual help, trust, humbleness. All positive emotions are there every day! 
Another wish of mine was to feel healthy. I had expressed it a long time ago. Additionally back in 2012, I organized gym classes, where I live, in order to force myself to exercise with other people. No way. The miracle happened six days ago on New Year's eve. As life decided that these personal priorities came before business matters, I understood that anything is possible. I was becoming stronger and stronger. Eating healthy will add much strength to my body. That's exactly what I needed right now. 
My next wish is a secret. Actually, I have more than one wish. I have learned to disclose dreams after they have come true. Let's follow the Friends of Cama story together! 


----


FRIENDS OF CAMA 
Join the Facebook Page to Receive Blog Updates 
posted by Roberta Niccacci

NEW!

Now on Twitter

Nessun commento: