Blog's Translator

giovedì 27 marzo 2014

SMART MOVE

A toad was sitting on my desk in my house
in Piegaro, Italy 


Three years ago I moved to Piegaro, Italy, a small village perched on a hill on the border between Umbria and Tuscany. The province of Siena is about ten minutes by car. Destiny brought me there. I wanted to breathe fresh air. Feel free. I needed some time to rest, research and meet new people. 

So I asked all my friends who had a home for me to stay in. One of my best friends had a home a little far from Deruta. A home he had never rented to anybody before. It was in Piegaro and at the entrance of town. It was the original village toll house.  

I spent the first days without any electricity. However this was a good reason to go out especially at night and discover what the village had to offer. I knew Piegaro for two things: their glass factory and an American lady who lived there. I had known this from Slow Travel. 

Later on I found out that people in Piegaro were fond of this lady as she had made the difference a few years before. She had remodeled the ancient glass factory behind the town hall. She had started bringing travelers to Piegaro from all over the world.  
The portrait my niece did of me when she visited me in Piegaro for the first time.


The first thing I discovered is that the piegarese were extremely curious about what I was doing there. So I said I was doing something on the internet. At that time this blog is everything I had brought with me from Deruta. I had no idea what I would have been doing there. 

I was by myself in a home in a new place. What could I do? I was really missing my interactions with real people, with the Cama customers, my life in the ceramic workshop: answering the phone, replying to emails, assisting shoppers, getting ready for my sales trips. 

However I did not desist. I started creating something new from scratch... 

Follow my story. The Friends of Cama story is not only about a ceramic workshop's revival. The Friends of Cama came as a package with a life change included. The Friends of Cama experience was about to change my life. 






FriendsOfCama is a lifestyle


FRIENDS OF CAMA 

Join the Facebook Page to Receive Blog Updates 

NEW!

Now on Twitter

Nessun commento: