Blog's Translator

sabato 5 aprile 2014

'C' FOR 'CITY CLAIMS'



Diet Coke Is Targeting San Francisco Techies With Tone Deaf Ads 
Upon my arrival to San Francisco I felt that the city was talking to me with a beautiful voice. Nothing had changed for me from twenty years before when I had visited the city the first time.  Things were even better as everything around me started sending written messages through witty, up-to-date campaigns. 

The first day I took the bus it kindly told me to 'hold on'. A few days later an ad on a large screen on the way home said 'there are no wrong turns'. I switch on the tv and they give me addresses of companies helping start-ups get going. 

Last but not least a sign said that it's never too late to be kind. That I certainly need a reminder for as it is the most difficult thing to do. However the most fascinating of all claims is the Coca-Cola ad, that goes like this: 

YOU MOVED TO 
San Francisco is the Renaissance city of modern times.
There are plenty of opportunities. It gives everybody a
second chance. 
SAN FRANCISCO
WITH AN IDEA
FOR A START-UP,
A NAME FOR A START-UP
AND ZERO MONEY 
FOR A START-UP.
YOU ARE ON
DIET COKE 

As of yesterday this ad was still around in the city especially in the area of the Temporary Transbay Terminal and along Market street. I love to live the moment with everybody around me fostering and playing along for making something happen.  

I love San Francisco. I love Renaissance cities! I love running with other people who are enjoying what they are doing. Making their art part of their lives. Giving their best for binging innovation. That's why in San Francisco I feel I am on! 


Follow my startup story. My startup is about shopping services and products for Americans traveling in Italy.

Find me on this blog, on facebook and Twitter.







----------------------------------------------------------

This is my second edition  of short  stories entitled "Cake Stands for Cama": stories about my favorites starting with the letter "C". 





Nessun commento: