Blog's Translator

martedì 8 aprile 2014

'R' FOR 'ROBIN'

Ardenwood Historic Farm was named after a forest
area described in Shakespeare's play 'As You Like It'.
 


On Sunday I saw an American robin for the first time in my life. I saw it in a dream place. It is called 'Ardenwood Historic Farm' and is located in Fremont, on the way to Palo Alto. The farm takes its name from the William Shakepeare's play: 'As you like it'. I also saw a peacock and a ram for the first time. Big butteflies I had never seen before. These animals were all so close I could touch them.  

I was so happy to see robins hopping on the ground freely and confident in their own habitat. They live with other 99 species of birds spotted in the Ardenwood historic farm. Robins here are definitely in good company. 

I told the robins there that I have dedicated a few of my posts to them. I told them that I love them. I added that in Italy they are called 'red brests', pettirosso. I said that their cousins over in Europe are slightly different and do not lay blue eggs. However they are called the same: Robins. 

Hardenwood Historic Farm is huge. It's beautiful. I would live there. 

Ardenwood founder was George Patterson, an American 49er who came to California in search of gold. He ended up getting rich by way of the hard work coming from his art: farming. What a beautiful story! 
                          
George Patterson came to California with a dream like many other Americans in that time: finding gold. He ended up making his fortune with his own art: farming. This is the Patterson's family home. It's now part of the East Bay Regional Park District

To know more about 'Ardenwood Historic Farm' visit: http://www.ebparks.org/parks/ardenwood
                                                                           
American Robin 

ROAR STANDS FOR ROBIN:  My new series of posts is inspired by my name: Roberta. In the United States Robin is the most common name variation for Roberta.


Robin's new borns
This is what I mean by roar. So sweet!
       
American Robin's eggs 
                          
Follow me on Twitter and Facebook to receive updates!
www.facebook.com/friendsofcama
www.twitter.com/FriendsofCama
          

Nessun commento: