Blog's Translator

domenica 30 ottobre 2016

A New Take on an Old Story

PINNED POST FROM ROBERTA'S DESK 

The Friends of Cama's story: it's all about a creative journey! 

Who are the Friends of Cama? 
The friends of Cama are the loyal customers I have served for many years at my family's workshop in Italy and who are following me on this blog, on the Facebook page, and on Twitter

Cama's story 
In 2011 Cama ran out of business and in that year I started a revival journey that has changed my life. In the beginning, it was a matter of finding ways to get the business restarted. None of the business solutions where I counted on others would work. No way I could merge with other workshops in my town. Other attempts failed. So I found myself forced to count on myself. My close friends, my brother and the thought of my beloved customers were still there.

The Friends of Cama: the biggest gift of all
What happened is that the previous year a group of customers had gathered in the United States to support Cama and they touched my heart. They called themselves: Friends of Cama. This is why I am so fond of this name.
But what could I do by myself? Almost nothing was related to ceramics. The workshop's production had soon been replaced by another supplier. We were out of the game.
So what could I do that was not already available in the market? I said to myself I would come up with something different and eventually present the ceramic collections in the future. Eventually.

The Friends of Cama blog 
A couple of years earlier I had started a blog where I wrote about Italian Renaissance art curiosities. I had been inspired by my family's traditional patterns that date back to the Renaissance period in Italy. So by way of art, I got interested to see the works of art in person. I started going to places in Italy. New horizons were opening up like never in the past.
Discovering Italy through my customers' eyes is still an amazing experience: I have seen places in Italy I had never visited before and even got interested in Italian cooking: the two things customers did during their stay in Italy when they visited us in Deruta. Shopping at our workshop was part of their activities.

My first approach with a cooking class: a disaster
I am amazed in got interested in Italian cooking as I am more a good fork, we say in Italy: Una buona forchetta. My approach to my first Italian cooking lesson was a disaster. However, cooking was meant to be a part of my journey with Cama. Indeed my family's workshop was specialized in dinnerware. I can always say, that I resumed my career by washing those dishes that we used to make! 

My Odyssey: distractions taking me away from my mission
Since 2011 my journey for Cama went through several interruptions due to the fact that I got distracted by many things around me. In the meantime, my vision of Cama grew stronger and stronger. What were only scattered visions, in the beginning, seem like falling into place? It takes a long time to make a dream come true. So I now know for sure that reviving Cama is my biggest life challenge. I am putting my heart and soul to make my dream happen and I am inviting you to follow my story on the Facebook page.

Do you like my story? Are you fond of life stories?
For everybody else who is not fond of life stories, the Friends of Cama Facebook page is an opportunity to armchair travel in Italy. I am on Facebook every day with new posts and blog updates. Forwarding posts to Twitter. Therefore I would be very happy if you shared my page with your friends.
New friends and my fiancé have joined me on my journey in the last couple of years. We are now a team. So I am pleased to welcome you and your friends to armchair traveling with us on the most amazing experience in my life!  - Roberta
            
CAMA® is a lifestyle


FRIENDS OF CAMA's Blog
A unique armchair traveling experience from Italy

Cama® is a cultural brand inspired by the Italian Renaissance. Like and share our page to join our online events & receive blog posts. 


NEW! Download my APP with services for the Friends of Cama traveling in Italy and for armchair travelers in the world. 

Nessun commento: