Blog's Translator

mercoledì 6 gennaio 2021

A miracle happened to me in December 2020


For some reason I get to know pretty well, my brain has refused for many years to learn the Ancient Greek language. This obstacle has been living together with me until last December. 

Indeed I could not even look at the Greek alphabet. Maybe the four letters I knew were: Alpha and Omega from cemetery tombs,  Pi from maths, and Phi from psychology. That's all. 

Then all of a sudden the miracle has happened! 

I do not recall if I told you that last December I joined a program for entrepreneurs who have run out of business to get restarted on their projects. Such a program is by a non-profit organization located in Treviso, Italy. Here in the end I have met the right people I have been looking for since 2011: a coach, a mentor and professionals all together ready to help me get back to my professional life and Cama with me. I have one year time to get my projects accomplished starting now. 

My coach herself in particular is part of a professional team called "Phronesis". I was looking for my coach's presence on the internet and I ran into her website. Well, "Phronesis" is the Greek word that made me open my mind to Ancient Greek. Unbelievable! Here is how I got it right: 

1. First I have looked on the internet for the meaning of "Phronesis"; 

2. Then I have identified which letters in Italian were corresponding to the letters in Ancient Greek (transliteration); 

3. Finally I have started writing the Ancient Greek letters of "Phronesis" one after the other by heart; 

4. I have repeated the word "Phronesis" to myself during the day and the days to follow. Sometimes I forgot it. Sometimes I had it right. I also got some good help from "Phronesis" exact pronunciation in Ancient Greek I found on the internet; 

4. As a conclusion of this learning path I have looked for the philosophical interpretation of the word "Phronesis" and found some literature by Italian philosopher Umberto Galimberti citing Professor Michel Foucault from the University of Berkeley. That way I have learned the contrary of "Phronesis", i.e. "Parrhesia". 

Curiosity about my learning how to write the Greek letters included in "Phronesis": I remembered the letter "ρ" as my name starts by "R"; the letter "ν" as my last name starts by "N" but above all, I remembered the letter "η" as my mother's name starts by "E", Elena.  "Phronesis" most difficult Greek letters that were made easy to learn with the help of what's most familiar to me. 

Now and forever φρόνησις  (phronesis)  


 


Nessun commento: