Blog's Translator

sabato 15 febbraio 2014

"C" for "Chapel"




Upon receipt of this photo from a Cama friend, I had the opportunity of having a closer look at it. This cealing belongs to the small chapel at Castello di Ama (Siena). 

I wish to share a Renaissance art curiosity I found out in this ceiling. When I visited back in the fall I didn't notice the contents of the four symbols inscribed in the suns. Nor did read the writings.They are symbols and invocations to the Virgin Mary, part of the rosary prayer. 

Herewith invocations follow clockwise. They are written in Latin:  1. Turris Davidica (symbol: tower. tr. David's tower); 2. Stella matutina (symbol: raising sun. tr.morning star); 3: Turris Eburnea (symbol: Tower. tr. Ivory tower); 4. Rosa Mystica (symbol: rose. tr. mystical rose); 


More information and close-up pictures in a new blog post.   (to be continued...) 




 



This is my second edition  of short  stories entitled "Cake Stands for Cama": stories about my favorites starting with the letter "C". 


Like & Share Friends of Cama on facebook. Join the change. Lay on the favorite! 





Nessun commento: