Blog's Translator

lunedì 22 febbraio 2021

A Renaissance woman at last?

Agnolo Bronzino, Maria de' Medici
daughter to Cosimo I de' Medici
and Eleonora of Toledo, 1551,
Uffizi Gallery, Florence 
I started writing the Friends of Cama blog in 2009, in the same year famous influencer Chiara Ferragni ignited her career as a blogger. At that time I felt the best revival journey for my family workshop would be going back to the origins of the art of ceramics in the terms it was expressed by the handpainted patterns made in Deruta, Italy. 

As I was getting more and more isolated from my beloved clientele, because the workshop little by little was going to disappear, I decided a blog would keep me in touch with the rest of the world. I wanted to continue communicating, breathing, being still alive, and not seeing all the lights switch off with the simultaneous action of closing the workshop door that last day with my parents at Cama. 

We would not enter that door or any of the other backdoors at the workshop again. 

Well, to this date almost 10 years have passed from that painful day of seeing our workshop's entrance door close forever, same as when you see the janitor on duty about to wall the tombstone of a dear one with bricks and cement at the cemetery. 

After several attempts and projects on the territory, last December I met the non-profit organization located in Treviso, Italy, and called "100.000 Ripartenze" (100,000 recoveries) dedicated to helping entrepreneurs get back to life with a project. These entrepreneurs are very special: they have gone through bankruptcy or a failure in Italy in the past crises. 

The "100.000 Ripartenze" experience has put me in touch with a coach, a mentor, and other professionals. It has allowed me to investigate new horizons regarding my personal role in bringing innovation to the arts & crafts industry. Who am I in terms of expertise, what can I really do beyond my being at the clientele's disposal to sell them ceramics? 

To this aim, I found inspiration in exploring my talents, as per the instructions of my coach and president of the association. My talents are listed as follows: 1. activator 2. adaptability 3. communication 4. Context 5. Futuristic (source: CliftonStrengths by Gallup). Because of the soft skills talents emerging, I truly felt like I was on the trend once for all in my life! Indeed, as a creative person, I have been flattered all my life for my energy, however, I never had a clear idea of what my energy was made of. 

I have kept my interest high regarding this matter of talents by crowdsourcing. I have known other initiatives in the field of coaching and people helping entrepreneurs, among which "Career Leadhers" was created in 2018 by women for women. I have subscribed to their warmly written newsletter and their Facebook group a couple of weeks ago. 

Well, wonders of wonders, this morning I received the Monday Leadhers newsletter with an inspirational Ted Talk by Emilie Wapnick, who basically described who I am: a multipotentialite, a neologism for someone who has talents in multiple areas, a creative person translated into a list of soft skills overlapping with calls in different industries. By listening to the talk, I ended up meeting the descriptive feature: Renaissance person! 

This said, with all the work I have made and my revival journey into the Italian Renaissance in this blog, I now truly think of myself as being on the right path and that "I am not alone", said Noah in the 2014 movie by the same name. Totally inspiring. 





FRIENDS OF CAMA's Blog
Renaissance Art Curiosities in Times of Rebirth


Cama® is a cultural brand inspired by the Italian Renaissance. Like and share our page to join our online events & receive blog posts.


NEW! Free Italian arts & crafts consulting by sending a message on the Friends of Cama page.

Cama® is a cultural brand


Nessun commento: