Blog's Translator

mercoledì 3 marzo 2021

A Tour of Trees and a Hairdresser: What do They Have in Common?

Announcing Angel from 
the cemetery of Perugia, Italy
TRAVEL NOTES FROM MY REVIVAL JOURNEY FOR CAMA

The other day I learned a new English expression: "to go on a tour of trees in a cemetery". I had never heard such an expression in my life before. I love it as much as I love visiting cemeteries when I am in a new place.

One of the most important cemeteries I have visited on my travels abroad many years ago is the Père Lachaise in Paris. I will never forget it. When I moved to Piegaro, Italy one of the first things I did was visiting the local cemetery. 

The last meaningful cemetery I have been to is the Verano cemetery in Rome, honoring the tomb of world-famous opera singer Antonio Cotogni (1831-1918) on the day of his death's centennial, upon invitation of the "Antonio Cotogni Association", president Rosa Rodriguez. 

What's interesting about Antonio Cotogni's humble origins, is that Antonio's father was a ceramicist in Rome, working for the Lefevre ceramic factory located on Via di Ponte Rotto Street in the Trastevere neighborhood, where Antonio Cotogni was born. 

So between death and life, my discovery of a new place continues by fixing an appointment at a hairdresser's salon. I truly enjoy having my hair done by people I do not know. A hairdresser's studio makes me guess more about how people are, by the way they wash and dry clients' hair how artistic and precise they can be. 

At this point, my question is: what does a tour of trees and a tour of hairdressers have in common? It is as simple as that to explain: A cemetery represents the silence, the memory of the past, the suffering for people who are gone forever; on the contrary, a hairdresser shows one of the most enjoyable, lively sides of social life, when all thoughts are abandoned to wish for a new look, an important event of our life, exchanging little talks with the locals, in other words: hope. 


The post author's talents by Gallup are as follows (in order of priority): Activator, Adaptability, Communication, Context, Futuristic


FRIENDS OF CAMA's Blog
Renaissance Art Curiosities in Times of Rebirth

Cama® is a cultural brand inspired by the Italian Renaissance. 
Like and share our page to join our online events & receive blog post updates.

NEW! Free Italian arts & crafts consulting by sending a message on the Friends of Cama page.


Nessun commento: