Blog's Translator

lunedì 8 marzo 2021

The School Godmother

Breaking rules in the entrepreneurial field: how could a school prof.
be part of an innovative project in times of crisis?
 

ONE of the things
I never liked about school is that I have always been considered an excellent student, while in school and even at the university I got terribly bored. One of the activities that made me get over boredom was teaching my school mates. Later on, friends my age asked me to teach their children and so, in my original anti-career, I have been helping several students with much success. 

My latest teaching experience, going back to a few years ago. is teaching Italian to foreign tourists, expats and friends of Cama as a test on the territory. In particular, I have taught these latter students over Skype. Therefore I have already experienced the so-called DAD teaching system, "Didattica A Distanza" (tr. Distance Learning), which is in use right now under this acronym in Italy. I am currently using the distance teaching system myself, for students who are now about my age. 

I know for sure I made the wrong school choice when I accepted to attend the high school I did but, what is undeniable, is that teaching is something I can do more than easily. I could never be a student. I was born a teacher! What is teaching after all, if anything but solving problems, finding a way out together-and for someone else, indicating an efficient learning path to someone who is in trouble? Yes, my favorite part is teaching students in trouble, people who fail their language exams or who think having no talent for foreign languages. 

It all started when I was in elementary school, giving out tips to a school mate who had speaking problems. Then in the years to follow, by helping a friend in middle school with her final exam and finally, during my useless high school time, teaching students my age and friends' children in my town, Deruta: one student a year maybe, however steadily keeping my passion alive. You know what? Whoever knows me, shortly after asks me if I could teach them English. That's so funny to me. I must look like a real teacher, a school "professoressa". However, I decline requests most of the time, as teaching English "sic et simpliciter" is not my mission: my true call is helping students in trouble. Therefore I invite these potential students to go to an English school in the area. 

My question now is: how could I ever fit my teaching talent within an entrepreneurial revival project? How could I fully express my passion for teaching in the arts & crafts industry, where I grew up while applying my teaching methods to the art of selling ceramics? How could I become part of an executive team? 

One thing is established. In my language, Italian, "School Godmother" translates "La Madrina Scolastica". The first thing happening to us when we are born is that we are given a first name. Therefore a name is a good start for sure. Let's see where my passion could lead me now into the obscure field of entrepreneurship! 


The post author's talents by Gallup are as follows (in order of priority): Activator, Adaptability, Communication, Context, Futuristic




FRIENDS OF CAMA's Blog
Renaissance Art Curiosities in Times of Rebirth


Cama® is a cultural brand inspired by the Italian Renaissance.
Like and share our page to join our online events & receive blog post updates.

NEW! Free Italian arts & crafts consulting by sending a message on the Friends of Cama page.

Nessun commento: