Blog's Translator

venerdì 12 marzo 2021

Italian rants and English delights

                                                                  

Writing blog posts in English is a piece of cake!

Last week I posted my first article on my Linkedin profile with the following subject: why do I find myself writing rants in Italian and delights in English in my Friends of Cama blog

The question is most appropriate and related to the fact that beginning last December I started writing my blog posts in English and Italian alternatively according to my inspiration. 

My decision to introduce posts in Italian to the blog is caused by the fact that I am now finally in touch with an Italian audience of professionals who are helping me get back to the entrepreneurial world with an innovation of mine. I feel like dreaming. 

What I discovered nonetheless, by writing posts in Italian is that when I am communicating in my own language I end up ranting about what has happened to me in the past years or about how things do not work in Italy. Another mood that arouses from my posts in Italian is melancholy: I go back to the unforgettable times of my childhood, of a world that does not exist any more. 

Therefore my new question is: does my attitude towards some situation depend on the language I use? 

Of course, one important rule is that if you were in charge of sales like me, you would never dare to complain about anything in front of your clientele. And, my blog was originally thought out for my Cama clients. However, there is more to it. A language expresses more than a simple gathering of letters, words and verbs capable of having us communicate with each other. A language transmits a long story of interactions among the people of a country, their relationship with other populations, defining the extent of a population's global awareness. To this end, English represents to me the highest degree of acceptance and support of the American community to dreams.   

Indeed, in Italian as an example, it is not a good idea to write about "visions" or "dreams". You would rather use the words "plans" or "projects" as you are expected to be down to the point the whole time. There is no sandbox and in particular, in Italian, there is no dream allowance, as the concept of dreaming for us Italians is related only to something impossible to bring to life. It's exactly the frustration coming around about this important aspect, along with several other limits within the communication with my Italian fellows, that makes me rather write my blog posts in English. 

In summary, writing blog posts in English is a great pleasure, just like eating a piece of cake: you feel capable of dreaming!  


The post author's talents by Gallup are as follows (in order of priority): Activator, Adaptability, Communication, Context, Futuristic



FRIENDS OF CAMA's Blog
Renaissance Art Curiosities in Times of Rebirth


Cama® is a cultural brand inspired by the Italian Renaissance.
Like and share our page to join our online events & receive blog post updates.


NEW! Free Italian arts & crafts consulting by sending a message on the Friends of Cama page.

Nessun commento: